Monday, February 21, 2011

A cold January

I'm a wimp with the cold now. I admit it. January really was cold though, and I had to post these pictures for scrap-booking (and remembering) purposes.

There was one week where the temperatures were in the twenties - plus the wind. Brrrrr!





Ice on the windshield and window panes.







People say it was the coldest it has been in a few years here.

Jeff actually missed a day at work because all of the bridges on the way to the tiny town of Bishop were iced over. I won't complain about an extra day to hang out with my honey though. :)

School was canceled in advance. It was just so strange...it seemed like the whole town shut down. I just have to remember that they don't have the machinery Utah has to salt the roads. It was the first month that I actually felt like it was truly that month - January actually felt like January. The mosquitoes are out again though and it is hot and muggy outside - so here it is February and I feel like it is May. Like I said, strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment