Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ryan's First Christmas








There is no doubt about it - Ryan LOVED spending Christmas in Utah surrounded by aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, neighbors, grandparents, great-grandparents, and of course parents who adore him. He loved seeing new faces and hearing new voices. He even started to laugh quite a bit more.

He finally got to meet Grandpa Neeley (and the rest of the Neeley clan, with the exception of my mom who he had already met), his Great Grandpa Wally, Great Grandma Jackie, Uncle Bryan, and lots and lots of other adorers.

Jeff and I even got to get away to the temple AND got away for our anniversary, thanks to all of the babysitting volunteers.


We took Ryan to see the Christmas lights at temple square with my family. It was cooooold. He didn't care much for the lights, as the frigid temperatures were really quite distracting.



Christmas was wonderful! Lots of family parties, yummy food, and fun. We were just thrilled to be home for the holidays - that was all we really wanted for Christmas. It meant so much to have so many people coddle, adore, and play with our little Ryan.



Ryan was so spoiled - but he deserves all of it. After all, those big droopy cheeks just melt your heart...I know.

This Christmas I felt so blessed...to be a mother to a beautiful and fun baby, wife to a handsome and caring husband, and to be surrounded by all of you. Isn't it amazing that even on a holiday to celebrate Him - the Prince of Peace - He is STILL pouring out blessings upon us? It reminds me of the scripture in Mosiah 2:24. How grateful I am for Him & the gift of repentance that He has given me - so that I can have the hope to live with Him,my Father in Heaven, and my family again - forever.

I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes I get so caught up in the thick of thin things that I don't think of Him often enough and don't live each moment with a grateful heart. At this time of New Year's Resolutions maybe I can resolve to be more spiritually minded and improve my relationship with Him. Then hopefully come next Christmas I will be able to see a change for the better in myself, which is perhaps the best Christmas present I can give Him.

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you guys and meet baby Ryan for the 1st time. He is such a cutie! I love that picture of him in the shirt we gave him. That is so nice you guys were able to go out a couple of times together. Thats the nice thing about being surrounded by family who all wants to watch the kids. Hopefully we will see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete