Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ryan's 1st Birthday

A few pictures from Ryan's first birthday:


I wanted it to be memorable for us as well as Ryan's grandparents and other relatives. So we had a Skype party. They picked up birthday cakes from Target and we all ate cake together and opened presents during our "Skype birthday party." It was fun. Ryan loved it!
I wasn't sure that I even wanted to give him any cake. But really wanted to decorate a mini one for him & get a picture. He ate a few bites & he loved playing with the frosting. Never too young to start playing with food, right?


 
 Then we went to Ocean Drive for a quick walk along the bay.
This was the best picture I could get of Jeff & Ryan (with Ryan looking at the camera). Unfortunately Ryan untucked Jeff's shirt & the wind thought it would pull a little prank on Jeff & make it look like he has quite the belly - which is not the case. I love that their facial expressions are so similar in this picture. So cute!

 We figured we would give him something a little healthier than cake for lunch (sweet potato, bananana, & avocado). He actually liked it much more than he did the cake.
Jeff called a few friends to come over for cake and ice cream. Somehow I missed getting pictures of our friends and all of the cute gifts they brought with them. It was so incredibly nice of them. It wasn't a planned "birthday party" by any means - just a last minute, "hey, do you want to come over for cake & ice cream?" They made him feel extra special & gave him lots and lots of attention.

We love little Ryan so much! What has happened to the last year? Where did it go? In some ways it feels like a dream that he was ever a newborn. I keep thinking, "This is my favorite age." Then I realize that I think every day and every stage is my favorite. Just recently we tried playing "hide & seek" with him. He loves it & has really caught on. It is so cute & so much fun.
Jeff told me once that his dad said, "Jeff, if you do it right it just gets better and better." Now those are true words. I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment